Anyway, we are about to get back to schooling regularly. My plan is to do four or five weeks of school then take a week or two off. This way I won't feel better scheduling breaks. I also want to make more time for field trips. The girls are both at such great ages that I think trips will be easier and more beneficial than ever before. This will be the first time I homeschool both girls full time. I am feeling a bit nervous, but I have planned a bunch and that always calms me. Here is the plan:
This will be an interactive activity that both girls can participate in. It may be from history, science, art or music.
- Cursive writing
- Language arts
This will be done together and will encompass all other subjects. My plan is to have a loose theme each week. We may not do every subject every week. One week we may do history and art. Another we may find time for science and music. Also, there will be a box of books and a box of resources (like worksheets and games) that support the theme. These will be available all the time.
Here is a list of the curricula I am using:
- Mc Ruffy Press math grades 1 and 3
- Mc Ruffy Press language arts grade 1
- Spectrum language arts grade 3
- Hacourt Family Learning cursive writing practice book
- Carson Delrosa Integrating Reading, Writing, and Words Lessons
- Scholastic Month-by-Month Trait-Based Writing Instruction
- Themes to Remember by Marjorie Kiel Persons
- Discovering Great Artists by MaryAnn F. Kohl & Kim Solga
- Story of the World book 3
Wish us luck!!!