I am nearly ready for school now. I have been diligently compiling materials for both girls, and all of us are getting excited. Last year, we took it a bit easy, and I think we are all ready for a bit more structure. Here's the outline of the plan:
- Math -- Teaching Textbooks 6
- Spelling -- Basic Cozy Spelling from http://www.splashesfromtheriver.com/spelling/
- Grammar -- Lessons compiled from a McGraw Hill Workbook for 5-6 grade
- Literature -- Online version of Lightning Literature 7
- Math -- Teaching Textbooks 4
- Spelling -- Sequential Spelling
- Grammar -- Lessons compiled from several 3rd grade workbooks
- Reading -- 15 minutes reading aloud (to me) every day
I also had the girls make a list of things they were curious about. We will work on using the inquiry model to find the answers to those questions. We will be taking lots of field trips, too. I also have two big books of science experiments and a bog book of art projects that they can pull out whenever the mood strikes them. Of course Curly will be dancing and Bear will be doing gymnastics. We also stumbled into a twice a month cooking class.
So that is the plan for now. I am going to try to strike a balance between structure and freedom. We seems to swing from extreme to extreme. So, hopefully this can be the year we get it right!
Post a Comment